Hey y’all, these are some crazy times we’re living in, this is the kind of stuff students will be reading about in their textbooks 20 years from now! While we’re all trying to figure this online stuff out know that I’m thinking of y’all and if you need any help at all please let me know. I’ll be using this website and Google Classroom for assignments (like I normally do) so together we’ll all figure this out together. The best way to contact me is via the Remind text. Again, please reach out if you have questions or need help. Much love ❤️, Herrud.
Study up on Progressivism by looking over this Prezi. Focus specifically on what was done by our government (Acts & Laws) to show that change was effected because of the hard work of those with progressive ideals.
Test is on Wednesday (A Day) and Thursday (B Day). See the study guide below for more guidance on what you should focus on.
Instead of me giving you a crossword puzzle to fill out, you will be creating one for me. You will be assigned a section (1-3) from Chapter 23 of our book (Postwar America) from which you will create a crossword puzzle. Follow the steps below:
1. Read your assigned section
2. Find 10 terms/concepts/person that is significant (important)
3. Place the 10 terms on the graph paper, just like a crossword puzzle . . . make sure each word intersects with another. Don't leave any spaces.
4. Come up with clues or descriptions of the 10 terms/concepts/person on the bottom half of the page.
5. On the back side, outline the boxes where the terms/concepts/person will be found. Include the clues for Down and Across terms/concepts/person.
Today we continued on discussing the Cold War and it's effects around the world, especially in the United States. We viewed the Cold War Prezi, but stopped when it got to Vietnam as we will discuss that later on this year. A worksheet was assigned that requires you to read Chapter 22, section 4 as well as a review over the entire chapter. Towards the end of class we reviewed some questions that have been found on previous tests.
The United Nations was created after WWII to help calm the world after conflicts during the first half of the twentieth century. Find out about it's makeup and why Israel was created to be a safe haven for Jews which inflamed native Palestinians.
As we continue discussing the Cold War, this video will aid you while connecting many of the pieces of history that we've covered already and plan to cover. The US became a Superpower in the early 1900's and grew in size and stature throughout that century. Watch the following video below and answer the questions that follow.
Cold War Kahoot Creation: students have created Kahoots with their group so if time allows, jump in and play the following games
With your group, create a Kahoot with 10 well thought out questions that have a multimedia/picture component. Make sure you offer 4 possible answers. If you want to be tricky, you can make more than one answer be correct. Someone in your group will need to create a Kahoot account. Use Chapter 22 to come up with your questions, each group will be assigned one section within the chapter. Stay away from too goofy of answers, make it difficult enough where the player might have to use the book to find the answer if they haven't read it yet.
Many of you have asked questions about the Holocaust Activity we did in class. Here's what needs to be done in order to complete this activity:
1. Visit the Holocaust Museum website and take a examine the victims that endured the Holocaust. Spend some time learning about what they endured and experienced.
2. Select 3 victims that caught your eye. Answer the following questions about them. What was their name? What was their gender? Why were they targeted? Did they survive? What year did they first experience persecution?
3. Write down these answers on your own sheet of paper and hand this in.
4. Next step is to reflect on the Holocaust . . . answers the questions from the Holocaust Writing Activity.