January 20th, 2017
This Day in History
Quote of the Day
"It's time to start thinking with the heart." - Beverly Wilson
Stat of the Day
- 418,500 . . . American military + civilian deaths during WWI.
- Frame of reference: China lost 20,000,000. That's nearly 48 times more . . .
- Grab your new and improved Term 3 Daily Notebooks . . . copy down Day 4 in there.
- Grab your assignment today and work on it during this period. If you don't finish it today, please finish it by Tuesday. Remember, when you're finished, hand your work into the the new Hand-In cubby . . . left of the red bookshelf in front of the classroom (1st period is far left, 2nd period is middle, 3rd period is far right.
- If you're in my 2nd or 3rd period, ask the sub to see if you can watch the Presidential Inauguration . . . this happens only 1 time in 4/8 years.
- Finish your assignment from today if you didn't get it done in class.
- Investigate the following and be ready to discuss these in class on Tuesday:
Long Term Causes of WWII
- Failures of the League of Nations
- Effects of the Treaty of Versailles
- Global Economic depression
- Global imperialism and nationalism
- Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin, Tojo (militarists)