September 12, 2016
Quote of the Day
"We are born in a Pullman house. We are fed from a Pullman shop, taught in a Pullman school, catechized in the Pullman church and when we die we shall be buried in a Pullman cemetery and go to a Pullman hell."
Pullman Railroad Employee, 1883
Today in History
- Determine what the relationship was between the railroad and Industrialization.
- Define what the Gilded Age was and why it was called such.
- Go over Chapter 11 reading . . . Agriculture, Farming, Ranching.
- Define what the Transcontinental Railroad was and how it affected the US.
- Describe the influence the railroad had on society.
- For next time . . . begin reading Chapter 12.
- Review these Primary Documents while answering this question: "Did the railroads, in their wasteful competition, exploit farmers and workers? Or did they make better and freer life possible for millions?"