"Declare the United States the winner and begin de-escalation."
- Senator George Aiken offering advice to President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1966
- Today in History (April 20th)
- In 1769 Ottawa chief Pontiac was murdered.
- In 1912 the Boston Red Sox played their first game at Fenway Park.
- In 1971 the US Supreme Court upheld the practice of busing for racial desegregation.
- In 1999 Eric Harris & Dylan Klebold shot 14 students and 1 teacher at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado.
- In 2010 an explosion of a BP oil drilling rig off the coast of Louisiana killed 11 people dumping 13,000 gallons of crude oil per hour into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Today in History (April 21st)
- In 1836 the Texan army under Sam Houston defeated Mexicans in the Battle of San Jacinto.
- In 1918 Baron Manfred von Richthofen, the notorious World War I German flying ace known as the "Red Barron" was killed in action.
- In 1995 Timothy McVeigh was arrested in connection with the Oklahoma City bombing.
- Essay Writing 101:
- Go over essay prompt and the steps to writing an essay.
- Be able to demonstrate how to write an outline for an essay and map out claim, counterclaim, ect.