September 14th, 2016
Quote of the Day
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."
Sir James Dewar, Scientist, (1877 - 1925)
Today in History
- In 1814 Francis Scott Key composed the lyrics to The Star Spangled Banner.
- In 1940, Congress passed the Selective Service Act, providing for the first peacetime draft in US History.
- Determine what laissez-faire is and how it impacted the Industrialization of the US.
- Identify certain inventions that impacted the daily life of everyday Americans.
- Go over the homework from last time . . . try to answer the question of "Did the railroads, in their wasteful competition, exploit farmers and workers? Or did they make better and freer life possible for millions?"
- Play a friendly game of Kahoot about the Transcontinental Railroad.
- Take a Daily Quiz to determine what you remember about the Railroad.
- Hand out the Newsies study guide for next class period.