"It was a perfectly beautiful night, as fall nights are in Washington. I walked out of the president's Oval Office, and as I walked out, I thought I might never live to see another Saturday night"
- Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara
- Today in History (April 14th)
- In 1828 Noah Webster copyrighted the first edition of his dictionary.
- In 1865 Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth.
- In 1912 the Titanic hit the iceberg that would sink her the next morning.
- Today in History (April 15th)
- In 1861 President Abraham Lincoln declared a state of insurrection and called out Union troops.
- In 1947 Jackie Robinson made his Brooklyn Dodger debut and scored the game-winning run.
- In 2013 two bombs exploded at the Boston Marathon killing 3 people and injuring 170 others.
- Play Kahoot game to review the Vietnam War
- Cuban Missile Crisis
- Understand how close we were to going to war with the Soviet Union over missiles in Cuba.
- Be able to explain why both sides were on edge during this Cuban Missile Crisis.