"As we express our gratitude we must never forget that the highest appreciations is not to utter words but to live by them"
- John F. Kennedy
- Today in History (April 1st)
- In 1933 the Nazi persecution of Jews began in Germany with a boycott of Jewish businesses.
- In 1960 the first US weather satellite TIROS-1 was launched from Cape Canaveral.
- In 1976 Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs founded Apple Computer.
- Today in History (April 11th)
- In 1814 Napoleon was exiled to the island of Elba.
- In 1899 the treaty ending the Spanish-American War took effect.
- In 1951 President Harry Truman fired Douglas McArthur.
- In 1968 President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the 1968 Civil Rights Act.
- Watch clip on various note taking techniques . . . discuss the "flow method"
- Discuss Vietnam War further . . . create flow charts and time lines.
- Students into groups of 3, I'll divide you up.
- Use butcher paper to display 1 of the note taking techniques we spoke about today (Outline, Cornell, Mind-Map, Flow, Print-Off slides)
- Each group is responsible for 1 of the sections in Chapter 26 to display on their butcher paper.
- Students understand how and why Vietnam was divided up and what the strengths/weaknesses of each side were.
- Create a visual flow chart to track what exactly happened in the Vietnam War.