"I was too shocked to cry, too confused to take notes or ask questions, too bewildered to even think."
- Thich Quang Duc
(The last written words of a Buddhist monk who burned himself to death to protest the regime in South Vietnam in 1963.)
- Today in History
- In 1842 Anesthesia was used for the first time in an operation.
- In 1867 a treaty for the purchase of the Alaska for $7.2 million or $.02/acre was sent to the US Senate.
- In 1870 the 15th Amendment went into effect = right to vote regardless of color.
- In 1981 President Ronald Regan was shot in the chest by John Hinckley in Washington.
- Explore the Vietnam War through the eyes of Hollywood
- Students should be able to explain whether Hollywood's depiction of the Vietnam War was accurate or not.
- Determine whether Hollywood told the story of the Vietnam War in a negative, positive, or indifferent tone.