October 10th, 2016
Quote of the Day
"Imperialism is a negation of God. It does ungodly acts in the name of God."
Today in History
- In 1845 the U.S. Naval Academy opened in Annapolis, Md.
- In 1943 Chiang Kai-shek took the oath of office as president of China.
- In 2002 the U.S. Congress gave President Bush authorization to use military force against Iraq.
Word of the Day
- Help students understand what Imperialism is and why the U.S. felt like they used this policy at the turn of the century.
- Introduce Imperialism . . . watch a Crash Course on US Imperialism
- Go over test, see if there's any questions.
- Offer students chance to make corrections, clarify weak spots of test.
- All students are to complete the pink sheet that breaks the test down and shows how they did.
- Read pages 490 - 503 from textbook. Chapter 14, Section 1-2.
- Make sure your notebook is on point. Notebook check on Wednesday!!