September 26th, 2016
Quote of the Day
"What does labor want? We want more school houses and less jails. More books and less guns. More learning and less vice. More leisure and less greed. More justice and less revenge. We want more . . . opportunities to cultivate our better natures."
Today in History
Quiz of the Day
Word of the Day
Meme of the Day
- To determine how factory workers and children were exploited in the workforce.
- Read Bitter Cry of Children.
- Discuss what life was like for children in the late 1880's.
- Go over Prezi, take notes on how children were exploited in the workforce.
- Answer the following questions:
- What does the excerpt "The Bitter Cry of Children" point out about child labor? How did this reading make you feel?
- What was life like as a factory worker/sweat shop worker?
- What was the work environment like?
- What happened if you complained?
- View Child Labor PPT