August 24th, 2016
Quote of the Day
"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Today in History
- In 79, Mount Vesuvius erupted and buried the towns of Pompeii & Herculaneum.
- In 1814, the British set fire to the White House and the Capitol when they invaded Washington, DC during the War of 1812.
- In 1968 France became the world's fifth nuclear power as it exploded a hydrogen bomb in the South Pacific.
- In 1992 Hurricane Andrew hit Florida, causing record damage.
- Introduce the following historical thinking skills: Sourcing, Comparison, & Causation
- Finish student intros
- Make sure everyone is signed up for Reminders
- Take Sourcing Pre-Test & Survey
- Sourcing Activity