"If there is no struggle, there is no progress."
- Frederick Douglass
- Today in History (April 26th)
- In 1865 John Wilkes Booth was surrounded by Federal Troops in a barn in Virginia. He was shot to death.
- In 1986 the worst nuclear power plant accident in history occurred at Chernobyl, near Kiev, Russia.
- In 1994 the first multi-racial elections were held in South Africa.
- Today in History (April 27th)
- In 1521 explorer Ferdinand Magellan was killed in a fight with natives from the Philippines.
- IN 1865 the worst steamship disaster in the history of the US occurred when the Sultana exploded. More than 1,400 died.
- In 1961 Sierra Leone gained independence from Great Britain.
- 15 minutes to finalize test breakdown, begin test corrections (optional).
- Be able to explain the roots of the Civil Rights Movements here in the US during the 1950's.
- Be able to explain what Plessy vs. Ferguson, Jim Crow Laws, Brown vs. Board of Education, .& the NAACP were.