September 20th, 2016
Quote of the Day
"Chase the vision, not the money. The money will end up following you."
(Founder of Zappos)
Today in History
- In 1881 Chester A. Arthur was sworn in as the 21st president of the United States, succeeding James A. Garfield, who had been assassinated.
- In 1973 Billie Jean King beat Bobby Riggs in a battle of the sexes tennis match.
- In 1998 Baltimore Oriole shortstop Cal Ripken, Jr., sat out a game, ending his consecutive game playing streak. Ripken played 2,632 consecutive games over 16 seasons.
Quiz of the Day
Word of the Day
Meme of the Day
- Be able to explain what led to big business and what men were responsible for their rise.
- To demonstrate the understanding of a strike and it's intended purpose when dealing with big business.
- Be able to explain the rise of unions as workers attempted to fight for rights in the workplace.
- Quick review of the "Cities" episode from the History of US series.
- Teach Big Business vocab while reviewing the Rise of Industry.
- Show the difference between Vertical & Horizontal Integration.
- Take a look at the history of Monopolies, past & present.
- Define what a "union" is . . . why were they created?
- Compare famous strikes and determine why they were started.